Last updated: February 5, 2020
Are you a service professional looking to find more work? Whether you’re a brand new home service business or you’ve been looking to pick up more work lately, it’s good to know your options.
So whether you’re tired of Angie’s List or looking for more apps like Thumbtack, we’ve done the hard work for you, and created a definitive list of where a home professional can find work online.
Bookmark this page:
Bookmark this page and be sure to check back often – we update this page regularly with brand new sites, listings and directories for service pros to find work online.
The Top 10 websites like Thumbtack to find more work:
- Amazon Home Services: https://services.amazon.com/selling-services/home.htm
- Angi: https://www.angieslist.com
- Bing: https://bingads.microsoft.com/
- Craigslist: https://www.craigslist.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/ads
- Google Local Services: https://ads.google.com/local-services-ads/
- Groupon: https://www.groupon.com/merchant
- Home Advisor: http://www.homeadvisor.com
- ThumbTack: https://www.thumbtack.com
- Yelp: https://biz.yelp.com/
More websites like Thumbtack To find work:
- 1 800 Remodel: https://1800remodel.com/
- Adopt a Contractor: https://www.adopt-a-contractor.com/
- Bark: https://www.bark.com/en/us/sellers/create/
- Bidwilly: https://www.bidwilly.com/
- Bloomchase: https://www.bloomchase.com/
- Buildzoom: https://www.buildzoom.com/
- CitySearch: https://www.citysearch.com/
- Clean Energy Experts: https://www.cleanenergyexperts.com/
- Consumers’ Checkbook: https://www.checkbook.org/
- Contractors.com: https://contractors.com/
- Craftjack: https://craftjack.com/
- eLocal: https://www.elocal.com/
- Fieldnation: https://www.fieldnation.com/
- Foursquare: http://business.foursquare.com/
- GenTask: http://gentask.info/
- Handy: https://www.handy.com/
- HeyBryan: https://heybryan.com/
- HomeGuide: https://homeguide.com/pro
- Homeflock: https://homeflock.com/
- Home Reno Care: https://homerenocare.com/
- HomeServe: https://www.homeserveusa.com/
- Homestars (Canada only): https://homestars.com/
- HomeYou: https://www.homeyou.com/
- Houzz: https://www.houzz.com/
- Hux: https://www.hux.com/
- Improvenet: https://www.improvenet.com/
- Insider Pages: http://www.insiderpages.com/
- Judy’s Book: https://www.judysbook.com/
- Kahuti: https://www.kahuti.com/
- Lead Genesis: https://www.leadgenesis.com/
- Local.com: http://www.local.com/
- Local Gardeners (Gardeners:) https://www.localgardeners.org/
- Local Pro Review (Water-fire-mold restoration:) https://www.localproreview.com/
- Lula: https://lula.life/
- Manta: https://www.manta.com/
- MerchantCircle: https://www.merchantcircle.com/
- Modernize: https://modernize.com/
- Movers: https://www.movers.com/
- Muvzu: https://www.muvzu.com/
- Needto: https://needto.com/
- Networx: https://www.networx.com/
- Nextdoor: https://nextdoor.com/
- Porch: https://porch.com/
- Pro.com: https://pro.com/
- Pro Referral: https://www.proreferral.com/
- Quality Smith: https://www.qualitysmith.com/
- QuoteRunner: https://www.quoterunner.com/EXPERT_SIGNUP
- Service: https://www.service.com/
- ServiceWhale: https://servicewhale.com/
- Shiftgig: https://www.shiftgig.com/
- Sitejabber: https://www.sitejabber.com
- SMITH: https://www.gosmith.com/
- Solar Reviews: https://www.solarreviews.com/
- Staffy.ca (Canada): https://www.staffy.ca/
- Super: https://www.hellosuper.com/servicer
- Sweeten: https://sweeten.com
- Takl: https://www.takl.com/
- Talk Local: https://www.talklocal.com/
- Task Rabbit: https://www.taskrabbit.com/
- The Home Fixers: https://www.thehomefixers.com/
- Upakt: (Movers) https://www.unpakt.com/
- Upwork: https://www.upwork.com/
- Wonolo: https://www.wonolo.com/
- Wrk: https://www.wrk4all.com/
- Yahoo Local: https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/local
- Yellow Pages: https://www.yellowpages.com
- Zaarly: https://zaarly.com/
HomeAdvisor Vs. Angie’s List Vs. Thumbtack:
Which site is best?
Thumbtack? Angie’s List? Home Advisor? Websites like Thumbtack? There are so many costs to advertising online, including membership costs and costs per lead, and so this is often a forgotten expense you have to take into consideration.
So, which sites should you invest your advertising dollars in, and which are just going to waste your money?
Read our full comparison of Angie’s List vs. Thumbtack vs. HomeAdvisor to see which one came out on top.
Advertising on sites like Thumbtack: Here’s how to make money
If you’re spending money on advertising on websites like Thumbtack: I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news:
Not every online lead generation site will end up being profitable. Many will cause you to lose money.
Now, here’s the good news:
Workiz field service management software not only helps you schedule jobs – but understand which ad channels are profitable and which are wasting your money!
Service pros who use Workiz even report saving $600-$700 monthly on ad channels that don’t work. Workiz helps you trim the fat and double down on the ad channels that do work, so you can get more customers and maximize your profits.
Sound good? Then why not give our 7-day free-trial a shot.